Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I Remember Way Back When...

Rock, Paper, Scissor, CLAW!

Most amazing thing I heard this past weekend was at a beer pong tourney. As it turns out...when you are intense about beer pong...you play "Rock! Paper! Scissor!" to determine who gets to decide first throw (I learned something new). This precious ultimate frisbee boy (Spencer? perhaps) debated with some kid about whether or not it is best to do "Rock! Paper! Scissor!" and throw on "Scissor" or the beat after "Scissor". Said precious kid was really into this debate and out of no where says loudly....."yeah...the problem with throwing on the beat after 'Scissor' is that sometimes your hand freaks and instead of throwing your rock, paper, or scissor....you throw a claw. Rock! Paper! Scissor! Claw!"

To this statement I erupted into laughter that caused many strangers to stare at me because they missed the brilliance of the conversation about R.P.S. Another case of me ease dropping on someones converstation and looking like a crazy person.

Also. I'm a bit bigger of a kid! (and no we are not talking about my waistling...although sadly that thing is not getting any smaller). I did add a few new life experiences to my list!
  1. Drove 4 hours solo...2 hours of which was completely new territory to myself. Also, the entire 4 hour drive home was in torrential downpour.
  2. Beer Pong Tourneyment. It was...everything I expected it to be. I.E. Silly. But some dumb bitch DID ask me where I was from and when I said I had went to SIUC she proceeded to ask me if I knew three different people she thought might attend there. Thank GOD one of her friends was smart enough to say...."SIU is not a small school and this girl just said she already graduated....why would she know these people!?". Good thing the friend had SOME common sense because we all know I can get a bit saucy at times!
  3. Went to a bar that was basically the equivalent of Pinch on crack (and we ALL know how i feel about Pinch...NOT GOOD) and I didn't even complain once!
  4. Socialized with more people that I either didn't know or had just met than I have ever done collectively in my life.
  5. Slept in two days in a row (one day til almost noon...I know I don't know how it happened)
Also...What is it about my height that causes me problems? Answer: my lack of it.

At the tourney in question I was with out a doubt the shortest person in attendance. I just wanted to watch the Cards/Cubs game and for some reason every other person in the room wanted to stand in front of me. I had to keep doing a funny dance to see in the cracks between people. At once point I was talking with one of my new aquaintences - Kyle. He and I had just done one of those funny dances where you are trying to move to let someone walk by but it just does not work out. He said "Kendra! You are just in my way!" and I responded that I was sorry and just trying to not get trampled. He told me "It is okay Kendra...You are short". Like it was the magic fix it button.

Oh, you are in everyones way? It is okay..you are a short person.
You like the Cardinals and not the cubs? Well you are a short person.
You took two pain pills without food and now might keel over and die? Well you are just stupid...and also short.

Alright well maybe it was not as intense as all of that. But sometimes it feels that way. Case and Point....being the shortest person at the bar makes a person think they need to drink more to compensate. Life Lesson: DON'T try and compensate for your hight by drinking more.

On the bright side....I bought a phenomenal GIANT black floppy hat in St.Louis on my way to Columbia.

2 comments:

  1. I like the Cubs. Can we still be friends?

    /crosses fingers and hopes you say yes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. Friends. but that will not stop me from making dirty cub references at your expense.

    ReplyDelete