Sunday, June 7, 2009

I know that you're smiling baby, I don't even need to see your face

Grown Up! Grown Up! Grown Up!

Well friendies....Is this not just the year for becoming an adult? I think "YES!"

This little lady (i.e. ME) has been extremely busy the past month. Job applications, job interviews, seeing friends, visiting family, etc. Luckily...it seems that my hard work is FINALLY paying off in a serious fashion. This girl has a job! A real live adult person job!

A real live teacher lady!

Last week I was asked to fill the position of 3rd grade teacher at Carruthers Elementary School (there is nothing cool on the page but still this is where I will work!) in Murphysboro! Not only was I hired. But one of my besties was as well! Ashley in Kindergarten! (Congrats darling!) AND two other young folks that I went to high school and college with (Andrea [2nd grade] and Andy [3rd grade]).

Shortly after recieving my phone call I starting thinking....steady income....means....I CAN AFFORD TO MOVE OUT! So dear loves...I'm doing that too! This lady is moving into a house in town AND will be living without a roommate! This is a VERY big jump for a girl that is truely afraid of most everything. Luckily it is in a really good neighborhood and is a nice safe lil place.

I plan on being a very busy lady this summer with moving, planning for 3rd grade, and learning how to live on my own! Hopefully I will remember to keep blogging...but as time has shown us...when I get distracted I forget :) So let me leave you with some upcoming events to keep in mind just incase I forget!

End of June: Big Sister Kelli comes for a visit for Mom's Birthday, Father's Day, and a Wedding
July 1st: I can start moving my things in!
July 1st: I have health insurance again! PRAISE GOD! And fingers crossed I do not have anymore "oh shit" moments until then (i.e. no more falling down steps, stapling things to myself accidentally, falling out of the attic, cysts of the bum ovary variety, or knife injuries from crafting...at least until July)
August 14th: Teacher Inservice Day
August 17th: 1 hour orientation with students
August 18th: First real day of teaching 3rd grade!

4 comments:

  1. Huzzah for Kendra! Will there be a house warming party?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooohhhhh... I get health insurance at the beginning of July too. Maybe mom will be less worried when I wander off into the woods for days at a time now. Congrats for the 287th time on the job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jamie! There WILL be a house warming party! It will happen in July

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you've got a big time ahead of you. Congrats on the job. I am a high school computing teacher in Australia. Check out my "Passy's World of ICT Blog" for computer odds and ends that might be useful for teaching, or just for your own enjoyment. My advice is Don't invite teachers from your new school to the party. I made that mistake a few years ago and they weren't impressed with what they saw...it was a really good party :) Enjoy, Passy.

    ReplyDelete